By Chef Alli
- 6 sweet red bell peppers, cut in half LENGTHWISE, membranes and seeds removed, cooked in boiling water for 5 minutes, drained
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 1/2 medium yellow onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups diced tomatoes
- 1 Tbs. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tbs. fresh oregano leaves, chopped, or ½ tsp. dried basil leaves
- 1 Tbs. fresh basil leaves, chopped, or ½ tsp. dried oregano leaves
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 14 oz. can tomato sauce
- 1/2 – 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
In a large skillet over medium heat, sauté onions until softened.
Add garlic and ground beef; cook until beef is a safe internal temperature of 160 degrees F., juices run clear, and all pink is gone.
Add tomatoes, Worcestershire sauce, spices, and quinoa, combining well and cooking until hot throughout.
Place cooked and drained bell pepper halves onto a greased baking sheet or into a large greased baking dish.
Divide beef mixture evenly between bell pepper halves; top each with approx. 2 Tbs. tomato sauce, then sprinkle each one with cheese.
Bake, covered, for 25-30 minutes, or until hot throughout, removing cover for last 10 minutes of baking time. Cheese should be hot and bubbly on top. Serves 6
Watch Chef Alli
Want to learn more about beef? Visit these pages:
Looking for tasty beef recipes? Try these!