- 1 lb. lean ground beef, browned and drained
- 1/4 cup plum sauce (also known as duck sauce)
- 1/4-1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 4 scallions, chopped
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1-2 Tbsp. finely chopped cilantro
- 1 lb. coleslaw mix
- 1/3 cup rice vinegar
- 2-3 Tbsp. canola or vegetable oil
- chopped peanuts, for garnish
Add plum sauce and red pepper flakes to warm beef in skillet; stir to combine. Toss in scallions, carrots and cilantro and cook until all ingredients are just heated through. Meanwhile, whisk together rice vinegar and oil to create dressing; pour over coleslaw mix and toss to combine well. To serve, place dressed coleslaw in bowls and top with warm beef mixture. Garnish with peanuts, if desired, for added crunch, and serve at once.
Provided in partnership with From the Land of Kansas.