By Chef Alli
1 lb. ground beef, ideally 85% lean
1/4 cup steak sauce
2 tsp. of your favorite steak seasoning blend (I love Montreal Steak Seasoning)
4 slices American cheese
4 sesame buns, toasted
burger toppings such as tomatoes, sliced red onions, lettuce, etc.
SMACK-DOWN FRY SAUCE
1/3 cup ketchup
2/3 cup mayonnaise
1 Tbs. spicy brown mustard
2 tsp. prepared horseradish, or to taste
- In a small bowl, make the Smack-Down Fry Sauce by combining all four of the ingredients until smooth.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the ground beef with the steak sauce and seasoning blend.
- Use your hands to gently combine; form four equal-sized patties.
- On a preheated oiled grill or grill pan over medium-high heat, cook the prepared burger patties for five to six minutes, then turn burgers and cook an additional five to six minutes on the second side, or cook to the desired burger doneness.
- Add a slice of American cheese to each cooked burger, letting it melt a bit.
- Toast the sesame buns while the burgers are cooking.
- To assemble, slather the bottom buns with some of the prepared fry sauce, then add the desired burger toppings. Add the cheeseburgers along with the top buns.
- Serve the remaining Smack-Down Fry Sauce, for dipping, with your favorite French fries or seasoned potato wedges.
CHECK OUT THESE SIMILAR RECIPES AND HAMBURGER TIPS: