By Chef Alli
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 10 oz. red enchilada sauce
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup roasted corn kernels
- 14 oz. can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 4 oz. can fire-roasted green chilies
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- ¼ - ½ tsp. red pepper flakes
- 2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 3 scallions, chopped, for garnish
- ½ cup crushed tortilla chips, for garnish
In a cast iron skillet over medium high heat, cook ground beef until cooked throughout and all pink is gone; drain fats. Stir in enchilada sauce, cream cheese, corn kernels, black beans, green chilies, cumin, chili powder, red pepper flakes and one cup of cheese; season to taste with salt and pepper.
Top mixture with remaining cup of cheese. Bake, uncovered, in preheated 375 degree F. oven for 15-20 minutes, or until hot and bubbly throughout. Remove from oven and garnish with scallions and crushed tortilla chips. Serve with additional tortilla chips or crackers, for dipping.