- 2 TBSP oil
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 3/4 cup tomato sauce
- 2 cups long grain white rice
- 2 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- Dash cayenne peppers
- Set the Instant Pot on saute and add your oil and onions. Leave the lid off and stir frequently.
- Saute the onions for about 4 minutes and then add in the rice and garlic.
- Saute the onions and rice for about 2 minutes, until they begin to turn golden color.
- Add in the tomato sauce, chicken stock, salt, cumin and cayenne pepper and stir. Scrape the bottom so the rice doesn’t burn.
- Close and lock the lid. Turn the Instant Pot to Manual for 8 minutes.
- When 8 minutes is up and Instant Pot beeps, open the vent and place a towel over it. Be careful, it’s very hot.
- Serve with favorite Mexican food!
This recipe was orginally shared at the 2018 Kansas State Fair by Amy, a farm and ranch wife from western Kansas.