By Mandy Beyeler on May 13, 2022
Kids Craft: DIY Recycled Plastic Flowers Craft
Get the family together to reuse plastic cups and create this stunning, colorful DIY flower.
YOU WILL NEED:
- Plastic cups (hard plastic, "recycle #6" type)
- Permanent markers
- Dowels or straws
- Hot glue
- Baking sheet, oven
- Aluminum foil
1. Using markers, color fun designs onto cups. Have each member of the family explore fun patterns and color combos.
Next steps require adult assistance:
2. Cut perpendicular cuts down the edges of the cups, about one to two inches apart.
3. Heat oven to 350 degrees, put aluminum foil on baking sheet, place cups on foil upside-down and place in oven for one to two minutes.
4. Watch as the cups melt and twist — they’re all different! Let cool.
5. Attach dowel or straw for stem using hot glue.
6. Enjoy!www.pinterest.com/ksfarmbureau. For more from Sugar Bee Crafts, visit www.sugarbeecrafts.com.