By Karen Hanson
- 1/2 lb. ground turkey breast
- 1 15-oz. can Hy-Vee black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup chunky salsa
- 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese (4 oz.)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 8 (8-inch) whole-wheat tortillas
- Additional salsa
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Coat a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray. In a medium nonstick skillet, cook ground turkey, stirring occasionally until no longer pink. Stir in beans, salsa, cumin and cheese. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Spoon about a 1/2 cup of the turkey mixture on half of each tortilla. Fold tortilla over filling and place on baking sheet.
Coat the tops of the quesadillas with nonstick cooking spray. Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until the edges begin to brown. Transfer to a platter, cut in half and serve with additional salsa.