By Chef Alli
- 16 oz. bag of Brussels sprouts, trimmed and shredded or thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup dried cherries
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 1/3 cup gorgonzola crumbles
- 1 pear or apple, peeled and chopped
- 2 large shallots, thinly sliced
- 2-3 Tbsp. good olive oil
- 3 Tbsp. good olive oil
- 3 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. pure maple syrup
- 2 tsp spicy brown mustard
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Place shredded Brussels sprouts, dried cherries, pecans, gorgonzola cheese and chopped pear or apple in a large bowl; toss very gently to combing.
In a skillet over medium heat, add a bit of olive oil; when oil is hot, add shallots and saute until a light golden-brown in color, two to three minutes. Transfer shallots to a paper-towel-lined plate to drain; season with a bit of salt and let cool.
Meanwhile, combine vinaigrette ingredients in a dressing cruet and shake well to combine.
Add sauteed shallots to salad ingredients in bowl, then pour prepared vinaigrette over salad as desired, tossing all to coat. Serve at once.