By Chef Alli
- 8 oz. low fat cream cheese, softened
- 3 Tbs. dark brown sugar, may substitute your favorite sweetener, adjust to taste
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 cup low fat sour cream
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 4 pounts of your favorite apples such as Jonathon, Pink Lady, Gala, Jazz, Honeycrisp or a combination of varieties, skin on, cored and chopped
- 2/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 2/3 cup dried cranberries
In a mixing bowl using an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese, brown sugar, honey, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt until light and fluffy; fold in the sour cream and vanilla, gently stirring by hand until smooth. Chill the dressing until you are ready to serve the salad.
Place the chopped apples into a large serving bowl along with half of the walnuts and cranberries. Top with the prepared cream cheese dressing, tossing to coat all the ingredients evenly.
Sprinkle the remaining walnuts and cranberries over the top; chill the salad. Salad is best served within 3-4 hours for best results.