By Chef Alli
- 8 strips bacon, chopped
- 1 Tbs. dehydrated onion flakes
- 1/2 tsp. dried thyme
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 cups frozen sweet corn kernels, thawed
- 3-4 cups chicken broth
- 10 3/4 oz. can Campbell’s Cream of Potato soup
- 1 cup milk
- Splash of whipping cream
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
In a large pot or Dutch oven or medium heat, cook bacon with the onions and thyme until the bacon is browned and a bit crispy; remove bacon to a paper towel.
In the bacon drippings, add the flour, cooking for 1 minute, stirring often; remove from heat.
Whisk the chicken broth into the flour mixture, a little at a time, until the mixture is smooth.
Return the pot to medium heat; stir in the corn, milk, cream of potato soup, whipping cream, and bacon. Cook until hot throughout; season to taste with salt and pepper then serve at once.