By Chef Alli
- 2 cups chopped, cooked chicken
- 1/3 cup chopped, cooked bacon
- 2 tsp. minced garlic (or 1 tsp. granulated garlic)
- 2 cups salsa, divided use
- 1 cup black beans, with some juice
- 2 Tbs. pimentos
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- ½ tsp. kosher salt
- ¼ cup sliced scallions
- 6 flour tortillas
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 9 x 13 baking dish with nonstick spray. In large mixing bowl, combine chicken with one cup salsa, bacon, garlic, beans, pimentos, cumin, salt and scallions; mix well. Divide prepared chicken mixture between tortillas, rolling each one up and placing side-by-side into the prepared pan.
Spread remaining cup salsa over top of enchiladas in pan; cover with foil. Bake enchiladas, covered, for approximately 20-25 minutes or until hot throughout. Remove enchiladas from oven, remove foil and sprinkle with cheese; bake for an additional five minutes. Serve enchiladas garnished with your favorite toppings – additional salsa, sour cream, cilantro and shredded cheese.