- 1 lb of Bacon
- 1/2 cup of Brown Sugar (or more as needed)
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Dredge slices of bacon though brown sugar. (If you like spice, add a tablespoon of chili powder.)
- Arrange bacon in a single layer on the parchment paper.
Feelin' fancy? Warm up a 1/2 cup of pure maple syrup (do not use pancake syrup) and brush on both sides of bacon before sprinkling brown sugar on. Cook same as below.
- Broil for 7 minutes on low or you can bake at 400° for 20 minutes or until crisp.
- Preheat grill to 300°. Put the baking sheet on the grill and cook bacon for 30 minutes or until as crispy as you like!
This recipe was orginally shared at the 2018 Kansas State Fair by Christy, a hog farmer's wife from Sycamore who loves bacon.