By Kansas Living on January 23, 2020
A meal in a bowl!
- 1 small head lettuce, washed and well drained
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1 can chili beans
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup tangy low fat French dressing
- 2 cups taco chips, crushed
1. In a large bowl, tear lettuce into bite-size pieces.
2. Add onion, tomato, beans and cheese.
3. Just before serving, add dressing and chips.
FROM FARM TO FOOD:
- Lettuce fact: When you eat lettuce, you’re actually eating the leaves of the lettuce plant!
- Bean fact: Beans are rich in protein and carbohydrates.
- Dairy fact: On a dairy farm, a farmer’s day beings and ends with milking the cows.