By Kansas Living on January 23, 2020
Great for lunch, too!
- 1 pound lean ground beef or turkey, browned and drained
- 3 3 /4 cups hot water
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 5 ounces spaghetti, dry and broken into pieces
- 3 to 4 inches long
- 1 tablespoon dried onion flakes
- 1 /2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 /2 teaspoon garlic powder
1. Mix browned, drained meat with hot water, tomato paste and broken spaghetti in electric skillet.
2. Add onion flakes and spices; cover skillet and bring to boil. Simmer 20 to 25 minutes, stirring frequently, until spaghetti is tender and mixture reaches 160 degrees.
FROM FARM TO FOOD:
- Beef fact: Beef is consumed 77.8 million times each day across America.
- Wheat fact: One bushel of wheat produces about 42 pounds of pasta.
- Tomato fact: Tomatoes are green while they are growing and turn red when they are ripe!