By Kansas Living on January 23, 2020
Kids a Cookin': Pork Roast with Fruit Sauce
A perfect combo in the slow cooker!
- 1 pork shoulder roast (4 to 5 pounds)
- 1 /4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 /2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 2 cooking apples
- 1 /2 cup raisins 1 /2 cup apple juice
1. Lightly spray slow cooker with cooking spray.
2. Place roast in slow cooker and sprinkle with pepper and rosemary. Wash hands again after touching raw meat.
3. Wash, core and slice apples, then place slices in slow cooker on meat. Add raisins and apple juice.
4. Place cover on slow cooker and cook 8 to 10 hours on low setting or 4-5 hours on high.
5. Remove roast from the slow cooker and slice into portions. Spoon fruit sauce over roast to serve.
FROM FARM TO FOOD:
- Pork fact: People around the world eat more pork than any other meat.
- Apple fact: Most apples are still picked by hand.
- Grape fact: Raisins are dried grapes.
Rosemary is a Mediterranean herb with a strong, aromatic flavor. It is used to season meat, poultry and vegetables. Dried rosemary leaves are found with other seasonings at the grocery store and should be stored away from light, heat and moisture.www.kidsacookin.org.