By Kansas Living on January 23, 2020
Find the letters in your name!
- 6 cups water
- 6 teaspoons beef bouillon
- 2 cans (16-ounce) mixed vegetables or sliced carrots
- 2 tablespoons dried onion
- 1 /4 cup alphabet macaroni or elbow macaroni, broken into small pieces
1. Bring water and bouillon to a boil in a large soup pot.
2. Add canned vegetables and onion; cover and bring to a boil.
3. Add macaroni and simmer 5 more minutes or until macaroni is tender
FROM FARM TO FOOD:
- Carrot fact: A handful of baby carrots counts as one serving of your daily need of vegetables.
- Wheat fact: It is estimated wheat was cultivated approximately 9,000 years ago in the Euphrates valley, near what is now Iraq.
- Onion fact: Onions are a bulb, which is a part of a plant that grows underground and stores food.