By Kansas Living on January 22, 2020
Kids a Cookin': Tuna Salad Sandwich
The whole family will hum to the "tuna" this easy-to-make sandwich!
- 1 (3-ounce) can tuna, packed in water, drained
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- Pita or pocket bread, whole wheat bread, bagel or bun
1. Combine tuna and mayonaise in a small bowl.
2. Add variations of your choice.
- 1 tablespoon chopped sweet or dill pickle
- 2 tablespoon chopped celery
- 1 chopped hard-cooked egg, plus 1 tablespoon more mayonnaise
FROM FARM TO FOOD:
- Wheat fact: Kansas is the largest wheat producing state in the U.S.
- Aquaculture fact: Aquaculture is the production of aquatic animals under controlled conditions.
- Chicken fact: Eggs are one of the main ingredients in mayonnaise.
For more recipes, visit www.kidsacookin.org.