By Kansas Living on January 22, 2020
Kids a Cookin': Fruit Salsa
A great way to get 5 a day!
- 1 cup diced strawberries
- 1 banana, diced
- 1 kiwi, peeled and diced
- 1 apple, cored and diced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1. Combine fruits in a medium mixing bowl and add lemon juice.
2. Stir in sugar, nutmeg and cinnamon. Mix well.
3. Refrigerate until serving time.
FROM FARM TO FOOD:
- Apple fact: Apples come in all shades of green, yellow and red.
- Strawberry fact: 94 percent of American households consume strawberries.
- Banana: Bananas are grown in tropical environments.