By Kansas Living on November 29, 2016
The holidays are a great time to craft with your kids to create gifts or decorations.
The holidays are a great time to craft with your kids to create gifts or decorations. These cute little sock buddies are easy to make with just a few simple supplies. There are so many things you can create with holiday ball ornaments: paint them, fill with your favorite decorations or candy or top with a simple sock like we did. We recommend using the plastic balls for kid
safety. Get creative using socks of various sizes and colors.
You Will Need:
- One clear, plastic ball ornament (found at craft stores)
- One sock (adult size, crew or taller)
- White Acrylic Craft Paint
- Two googly eyes
- Black permanent marker
- Pink permanent marker (optional)
- Decorative ribbon or twine
- Cut a piece of ribbon 12"long. Run it through the loop on the cap, tying at the end.
- Take cap off the plastic ball. Pour the acrylic craft paint in the ball and swirl it around until coated. Place the cap back on.
- Cut the sock just above the heel. Holding on to the ribbon tie, pull the sock down over the ball, about halfway down. Glue the sock to the ball so it will stay in place.
- Take a piece of ribbon and tie it in a knot at the top end of the sock. Snip of excess ribbon.
- To make the face, glue on the googly eyes or draw with a black marker. Proceed to draw the face using the markers. Use the pink marker to draw cheeks.
- Allow glue to dry. Then, hang the sock buddy on your tree!